Some Instructions from Matthew today:
1. You will devise a 2 minute conclusion to add to the end of your 3 minute material – a coda.
2. Select one action or gesture from your material that is emblematic of the piece. Make sure it is repeatable.
3. Devise your conclusion as a winding down, arriving at stillness and silence by the end of the 2 minutes.
4. This winding down must happen in one spot.
5. Consider the swerve (Lucretius’ idea of clinamen), a turn, a twist, a bias in your winding down.
you have 10 minutes to devise your winding down.